Coax Seal 104 - Hand Moldable Watertight Coaxial Cable Seal Tape
Easily applied, hand-moldable, tacky black plastic mastic, on peel-away paper backing, suitable for waterproofing a wide variety of connections. Adheres to vinyl and PVC outer jackets. Product is non-conductive, non-contaminating and non-toxic, and UV-stable.
Provides a long-lasting, waterproof seal for coaxial cable fittings and many other connections. Use for TV and radio antennas, satellite dishes, CATV, wireless networks, marine electronics, feed lines, radar and microwave installations, and many other applications.
- Width: 1/2-Inch
- Length: 60-Inches
- Thickness: 3/32-Inch
- Solvents: None
- Percent Solids: 98%
- Application: Hand Applied
- Optimum Cure Cycle: Not curable
- Temperature Range: Apply between 40° F. to 110° F.
- Viscosity: ASTM D5-52, gm load, 5 sec.=7.0/10.0 mm. Non-hardening, non-oxidizing at ambient temperature.
- Other Properties: Material is non-staining to paint; stays flexible and maintains a waterproof seal over an extreme range of temperatures. Will not crack at -200° F, will not slump 1 hr. @350° F.
Other DetailsSee warranty details above
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Good tight seal.
I used this product almost thirty years ago on my first beam, and continue to use it today on my hexbeam. Easy to work with, malleable stands up to Michigan's ever changing weather.
Think plumber's putty, only a little more elastic. Forms well around joints. If applying at temps below about 50 deg F, warm it up first.
I like how this stuff molds to the object (coax plugs, etc.) and forms a tight seal. My only nit is that it didn't peel away from the plastic backing very easily. Had to work at it with my pocket knife quite a bit to get it to peel away. But, I guess that must mean it is nice and sticky.